Sunday 4 January 2009

The beauty of winter






















I'm lucky to live near Kings Weston House, a beautiful Grade 1 listed Georgian Mansion designed by Vanburgh http://www.kingswestonhouse.co.uk/index.html

It's set in 28 acres of parkland, with views across the river Severn. I wanted to take some photographs while the weather was bright and frosty, thinking they may give me some inspiration for future projects.

The manager came out and invited me to come in and have a look around the house (it's used as a venue for events, especially weddings) and has very kindly says I am very welcome to come back with my camera and sketchbook whenever the rooms aren't in use.

There's a wealth of wonderful things inside, beautiful architecture and amazing surfaces. So, I've decided to use the house and park as a base for a design project! Plus, the walk up the hill to get there is very invigorating and will help in my post Christmas exercise programme!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have time please leave me a comment. I love to hear what you think.x