Saturday 9 May 2009

Finally done...




















I finally completed the keepsake journal for my niece and her fiance. I hope they like it! I wanted to make it very homespun and handmade. It's actually made from an old sheet of my mum's which I hand painted! I manipulated a photo I took on their engagement day and printed it on to fabric, along with a copy of a piece of text from the I Ching, which I thought was beautiful and appropriate.

Katherine loves daffodils, so I designed and cut a stencil for the back page. I used fabric paper for all the labels and hand wrote rather than printing or stencilling the words, so it looked even more handmade. It was fun to do, and I hope it comes in handy for all those bits you collect when you're planning a wedding!

I need to start on my Spring Doll next, but I very carelessly wrenched my chest and back yesterday and I'm under strict orders from my Beloved to behave myself and rest ( I did try, honest!) He has been really good, looking after me and doing all the chores today!

Oh, brilliant news, my Beloved's mum sold one of her paintings at the art exhibition on Monday! We were told it's the first time anyone has ever sold on their first submission so we are thrilled!




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love this! If either of my lovely children ever marry, I may "borrow" this idea!

    ReplyDelete

If you have time please leave me a comment. I love to hear what you think.x