Sunday 6 June 2010

Katherine and Todd's Wedding Day!

I'm begging your indulgence this post, as I'm such a proud auntie this week, I want to share my happiness with you! I've had such a busy week but it was worth it. What a wonderful day, full of joy, laughter and love!

We helped out all day Friday with decorating, flowers, transporting the cake etc (quite a challenge that one!), and were worn out from all that - so I don't know how my family have coped over the last few months. It was all worth it though. The wedding was at St Mary's Church in Lydney and the couple were married by Jonathan, the vicar, who is also their close friend, which made it even more special.

The reception was held in the beautiful Wye Valley, opposite wonderful Tintern Abbey!


I thought you would like to see the wonderful effort Katherine (and Todd!) had put into making everything look beautiful so here is a view of the table decorations.

The Wye Valley is known as the birthplace of British Tourism, after the Reverend William Gilpin, who coined the term "Picturesque", in the C18th. He saw the landscape as
"expressive of that peculiar beauty which is agreeable in a picture."
His writings influenced the remarkable popularity of English landscape painting during the last decade of the 18th Century, and inspired the Romantic poets. In honour of this tradition, each table was named after a different poet, with an appropriate verse of their creation.
Katherine had baked and decorated these gorgeous heart shaped biscuits for each guest, and the little (home made) envelopes contained packets of seeds for every one to take home and plant. I'm so proud of how beautifully she did all this ( plus making all the invitations and Order of Services!) All the children had special place settings (according to their ages) with bumblebee toys, bubbles and colouring books etc.

My brother made such a great speech, and when Todd spoke, Andy said he was almost moved to tears ( wow, praise indeed!) I was happily dabbing my eyes!

So, here we are, scrubbed up - in our wedding finery, and me in hat No 2.


Here is my happy family, my brother John, sister- in- law Rosemary, my younger niece Lizzie, who was bridesmaid, and of course the beautiful bride!

And here's the happy couple! My lovely new nephew Todd couldn't stop smiling all day.

I am in this one, can you spot me? You'll have to look hard, I was hiding , I really prefer to be on the other side of the camera!

A very proud Auntie Julie with my lovely niece!

So, after a wonderful day they can open their presents and then go on an amazing honeymoon, to Borneo, hopefully to see and give support to endangered Orang Utans.

Thanks for letting me share with you all. x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jules! What a gorgeous day it must have been! Congratulations to the bride and groom! Love the photo of you and hubby in the last post! Adore your hats!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't your niece do well with the table decorations? ... and I love the cards you made too!
    Sandi xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great outfit, Congrats to the Bride and Groom I can't get hats to fit so I envy you those great hats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules
    I loved to see and read about the two weddings. Took me back to other wedding days.I have kept every hat I have bought for weddings, they are all in my bedroom on hats stands or pinned to the wall.I am busy making paper flowers and more flowery bunting for our party in the wood in a few weeks time. I loved the biscuits,very pretty hugs jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Oh wow!!!!!! How incredibly gorgeous and fabulous is everything! The bride and groom, you and Andy look wonderful and again I love your hat! Such beautiful tables and thoughtful gifts! The grounds for the reception...you know I'm about to pass out!!! Oh Jules, thanks so much for taking us along on this special occassion.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jules,
    The wedding looks very beautiful and I can see in your photos it was a very happy occasion.
    Congratulations to the bride and groom!
    It is good to see the photo of you with your husband. You found a lovely outfit in the end.
    Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I have been house hunting. I eventually found a nice home in Wiltshire. I am busy packing now.:)

    All best wishes you!
    Jo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Looks like a fabulous party!

    ~magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks as though you all had a wonderful time and so very beautiful is every detail. Wishing the new couple a wonderful life together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place to have a wedding. Congratulations to the bride and groom. You look lovely in your hats. I enjoyed catching up on reading your blog.
    Love & Hugs
    Fran

    ReplyDelete

If you have time please leave me a comment. I love to hear what you think.x