Tuesday 26 March 2013

Hen and Chicks Stitchery Design

 Here's a cute and quick design you can stitch up for a last minute Easter card or gift. I've put mine on the front of one of my 'Tiny Tote' bags, ready to hold a chocolate egg or Easter gift. These little bags are really useful to store bits and pieces in. I'm a firm believer that you can never have too many bags!




 I used Ghiordes Knot or Turkey work as I always call it, (I always imagine a huge turkey scratching around!) to create various bits of fluff on the chicks, and then Trapunto quilted mummy hen and her nest - but it would look sweet all done in a simple back stitch.



Happy Stitching!x

6 comments:

  1. a good idea, I have bought a little note book and have a page for all the blogs that give ideas, tutorials etc so I can find them when needed, this has just been added to the little book as "I want to do" project

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Good luck on sales of you Lizzie bag pattern and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! So sweet and so cute. A great gift project indeed. And I saw the lovely gifts you made for Michelle's birthday - they were beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Jules and I love that Lizzie bag. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Jules, I am loving your bags. x

    ReplyDelete

If you have time please leave me a comment. I love to hear what you think.x