Sunday 8 March 2009

The Lost Weekend

It's all gone a bit pear shaped! I had to go away with work again last week, and as the forecast was bad for the weekend I was looking forward to having a lovely time getting to grips with my doll for the swap and my CQ course.

Well, it didn't quite happen that way, as I was rather exhausted from three days travel and staying away, ( I can't take the pace any more, obviously) so I slept late on Friday and then we had a lovely time taking my super mum in law out for a birthday lunch.

Yesterday was one of those days when everything seems to go wrong. I came home from shopping and tried to piece a block. It was a complete and utter disaster. I realised nearly all my plain fabrics are shiny and thin, so they all needed to be backed before I could start, then I messed up the sequence somehow and ended up with a raw edge at the end. I kept reading the excellent instructions, which I continually failed to take in. I got cross, the problems got worse, I got even more cross, and so on..... So, I finally took Sharon's good advice and left it alone until I was in a better mood!

I did manage to dye some beautiful old lace doilys from the family collection, and was really pleased with the result, which I can now use for CQ, so the day was not a total write off!

Today we went out to see my beloved's nephew and family as his great nephew is 2 today! He and his sister were having great fun in an indoor sandpit (moon sand, not the real thing!) I didn't envy their mum trying to get it out of the carpet, where it kept escaping to though.....

Afterwards my beloved's mum and I went to arrange to have some of her lovely paintings framed. We have been trying for ages to convince her to show them somewhere. She is an amazing lady, very creative. She is over 80 years of age and has her own laptop! and she's keen to have a blog, which I've promised to help her set up.

When I got back I re read the lesson and instead of trying my usual bodging I ended up taking the block to pieces. I shall re do it - properly!

As I have no pictures today, here is one of my mum in law's lovely watercolours. This bambi is a favourite of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have time please leave me a comment. I love to hear what you think.x