Sunday 21 November 2010

Breeze


Breeze is a Sprite from the Tail End of Autumn. This is a time of year that can be a little sad and gloomy, but, unbeknownst to us humans, the world of faerie is busy ensuring there are some spashes of light and colour amidst the grey to cheer us on the gloomy, overcast days at the end of November........

Breeze works hard to pull out all those final bits of colour; the flower heads that just escaped the frost, and the last red and gold crinkled autumn leaves. Then she places them strategically, so we see them on our hurried trips into the garden; or whilst we are huddling into our coats and scarves on a chilly walk out in the woods, and so, quite unaware, we are reminded of all the colour and light we have seen and which is yet to come.

She's a pensive little soul with a tendency to sit amongst the leaves and daydream.



Breeze's shift is woven of cobwebs, moonbeams, and the last flower petals touched by the November frosts. Her boots are fashioned from lambs wool gathered in the spring, which she felted in an acorn cup, and then painted with fallen stardust, adding dewdrops to make them sparkle.

Breeze has been created from my own pattern. Like my other dolls she has her own special written story, and, she may be looking for a new home.....we shall see! x

11 comments:

  1. Ah! I knew you wouldn't let me down. She is wonderful. She is so fairy like and gentle looking. Your faces for the dolls have become so much more realistic than I remembered. I also just love your new banner! It's perfect for your new work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules! Breeze is so fun! I'm catching up with my blogging friends...I hope this message finds you happy and fully of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are really leaping ahead with the beautiful faces. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her outfit and her wings. Her faces has a dreamy look and her hair is the perfect colour. I am sure she let you know that. I can imagine her playing among the flowers and leaves. Wonderful Jules :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her!!! She is fantastic and you know how much I love your stories!!! Looking forward to seeing many more wonderful creations Jules!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Jules, she is a lovely little fairy and she has a very dreamy look in her eyes. I can see that she like's to daydream. I love her fairy outfit and red hair too. Maybe we are related... Hehe! ;-)
    Have you ever thought of having an Etsy shop. You could sell some of your textile's and doll's. That would be great!
    Thank you sweetie for your heartfelt message. I'm feeling much better today!
    Hugs to you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Her! Her eyes are stunning.

    ~magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she is a joy, and love the way you write on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breeze is wonderful! I love her story and her face is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jules, how sweet, i adore the description you ahve given of her costume, very faerie x ruthei

    ReplyDelete

If you have time please leave me a comment. I love to hear what you think.x